[LLVMdev] Virtual Studio hack in APFloat.h

Pete Cooper peter_cooper at apple.com
Tue Mar 18 11:15:06 PDT 2014

Hi all

APFloat.h contains this code, which was required for Visual Studio builds.

Given that this was committed in r41784 (2007), does anyone know if newer versions work?  I think after moving to C++11 we’re on VS2013 at a minimum?  I’d have hoped it would be more likely to work.

Thanks,
Pete

  /// What kind of floating point number this is.
  ///
  /// Only 2 bits are required, but VisualStudio incorrectly sign extends it.
  /// Using the extra bit keeps it from failing under VisualStudio.
  fltCategory category : 3;