[LLVMdev] EHABI: Remaining issues

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:13:31 PDT 2014

> One of the issues, I think, is GNU compatibility (so GAS can generate
> the tables correctly when not using the integrated assembler), and it
> seems there GCC also emits both EHABI directives and Dwarf, so I don't
> think we'll be able to move away from it. Since this is only relevant
> in debug/profiling mode, and the only problem is code size, I think
> this is something we can live with. Do you guys agree with it?

I think emitting both is a good thing, personally. It means that
generic tools (and possibly even debuggers, given certain runtime
support) can rely on the DWARF standard, not just the bits we've
decided should apply to ARM.

It's easy to imagine some information-gathering tool that doesn't want
to add ARM-specific code-paths just to get some statistics from a
binary.

Cheers.

Tim.