[LLVMdev] Can we require CFI instructions now?

Anshuman Dasgupta adasgupt at codeaurora.org
Wed Mar 12 09:09:18 PDT 2014

>> What about hexagon. Do we still need to avoid cfi instructions with it?
> As far as I know, we've never given CFI any thoughts since the initial
> implementation of the Hexagon target. I can't really give you an
> answer right now, but I'll find out and I'll get back to you.

Krzysztof and I discussed this. We're in favor of enabling CFI for
Hexagon since it makes sense to require CFI for all targets. We're
running some experiments and are discussing this with our assembler team
to confirm that we can switch. We'll have the results soonand keep
LLVMdev updated.

-Anshu

---
hosted by The Linux Foundation