[LLVMdev] Relevance of old test (2009-04-21-NoReloadImpDef.ll)

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:56:18 PDT 2014

Fixing the llvmdev CC.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Filipe Cabecinhas <filcab at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Evan,

I'm working on a patch which changes the output of the
2009-04-21-NoReloadImpDef.ll test (
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/test/CodeGen/X86/2009-04-21-NoReloadImpDef.ll?view=markup
).

This test is from 2009 (committed by you with r69743:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=69743 ) and has
just an rdar link and a few strict CHECK lines.

It this test still relevant?
What is actually being tested?
Can it be made smaller and properly documented?

I think my patch might make the test not be relevant, but as it is, I don't
know enough about the register allocator to be sure.

My patch would eventually collapse all the shuffles to a single build
vector, in SelectionDAG.

Thanks,

  Filipe