[LLVMdev] Phabricator and private reviews

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Thu Jun 26 03:32:45 PDT 2014

> > Manuel: I'm aware of one other way for a review to be invisible to llvm-commits despite being
> > CC'd. If you forget to CC llvm-commits when creating the differential revision and add it later in
> > the web interface, Phabricator doesn't send an email to the list. Adding a comment (at the same
> > time or afterwards) triggers an email.
> > The same thing happens when adding reviewers without a comment.
>
> That is intentional. We don't want to spam the list with changes in phab - use phab like you would use email, and everything should be fine.
Hmm. If I reply-all to an email, add a new recipient but forget to write anything, everyone still receives the email. Admittedly not writing anything would be unusual.

Well, if you don't hit "send" nothing gets sent :)

Ack! Well spotted. You've also reminded me that I hadn't asked the Phabricator developers if it was possible to contribute without a Facebook account. I wrote the email but hadn't sent it. I was going to send them a patch adding a way to edit the commit message using 'arc commit'.