[LLVMdev] Passing specific register for an Instruction in target description files.

Arsen Hakobyan artinetstudio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:43:43 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I want to generate an assembly instruction for my target using target
description representation of the instruction. The problem is that I want to
add direct register to be chose as an output register for my target. Does it
possible to do with an instruction definition in TARGETInstrInfo.td  file?
May be someone could help with an example?

Currently I have seen that we can pass the name of the registers' group, and
direct registers as an implicit operands (with Uses or Defs) but I want to
pass specific register.

Thank you very much for your time,
Arsen