[LLVMdev] does ENABLE_COVERAGE work?

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jun 17 12:48:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'd like to see what parts of LLVM/Clang are being executed.

I know that "make ENABLE_COVERAGE=1" used to just work, but so far (on
64-bit Ubuntu 14.04) I've had no luck building either 3.4.x or SVN head
using any of Clang 3.4, Clang head, or a recent GCC.

The first error that I get when building with GCC is this:

/home/regehr/tmp/llvm/utils/FileCheck/FileCheck.cpp:1304: error:
undefined reference to '__gcov_init'

The first error that I get when building with Clang 3.4.2 is this:

/home/regehr/tmp/llvm/build/utils/FileCheck/Debug+Coverage+Asserts/FileCheck.o:/home/regehr/tmp/llvm/utils/FileCheck/FileCheck.cpp:function
__llvm_gcov_writeout: error: undefined reference to 'llvm_gcda_start_file'

Is this expected to work?  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

John Regehr