[LLVMdev] [rfc] "alias weak" X "weak alias"

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:03:31 PDT 2014

It seems kind of important to know what our compatibility promise is for
the IR, since that is one of LLVM's few places where there is some sort of
compatibility guarantee.

I feel we should have it documented (in
http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html ?) so that it doesn't slip like
this.

Maybe this discussion is worth its own thread on llvmdev? I mean, we have
two highly experienced developers in this thread with highly diverging
opinions.

-- Sean Silva

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com