[LLVMdev] Regarding Instruction definition in LLVM backend

Arsen Hakobyan artinetstudio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:21:27 PDT 2014

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.

I need that immediate value latter to concatenate to registers' names (which
I am doing during assembly printing).

Also just Updating some status for my questioin:
I have continued with using *Defs* list. It allows me to keep Registers as
an implicit operands of /*MachineInstr*/ and later during its lowering pass
them to the /*MCInstr*/. Now seems I need only to change
*/printInstruction()/* function to Emit this instructions in appropriate
way. For that I need to change /*utils/TableGen/AsmWriterEmitter.cpp:
AsmWriterEmitter::EmitPrintInstruction*/ to generate appropriate code in
"/TARGETGenAsmWriter.inc/" file.

But I am still thinking that there should be a way to not pass the registers
as an implicit operands. So other approaches will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Arsen