[LLVMdev] GCC/LLVM frame pointer incompatibility on ARM

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Fri Jul 18 09:49:11 PDT 2014

Having a different code path for prologue just for the sanitizers sounds pretty risky to me. That code is already strewn with conditional and modal stuff. Adding another variable to the permutations scares me. Is there really no alternative? Conditional code in the sanitizers that figure things out? LLDB and GDB have a very similar sort of problem for backtraces, including when debug info isn’t available. How do they solve it?

-Jim