[LLVMdev] GCC/LLVM frame pointer incompatibility on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Jul 18 08:01:38 PDT 2014

On 17 July 2014 21:08, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:
> Would they be willing to have a flag?  Would we be willing to have a flag?

That's a good question. Anything we do would be easier than wait for
them to do anything, so if we decide to go with a flag, it should be
us implementing.

> Or should we conditionalize this on OS and say, on Linux, do the gcc thing,
> and on OS X, do the LLVM thing?

I think you agree with me that both solutions are ugly, but I'd rather
not make this default behaviour anywhere, so that only who needs it
(sanitizers) turns it on with a flag.

cheers,
--renato