[LLVMdev] More than one buildbots per box

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Jul 9 01:58:25 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

I've got a 4-core machine which I want to use for more than one
buildbot, but I'm not sure how it would behave.

For example, I can see on slaves.py:

create_slave("gribozavr1", properties={'jobs': 8}, max_builds=1),

That slave has three bots:

clang-x86_64-debian-fast, llvm-clang-lld-x86_64-debian-fast,
lldb-x86_64-debian-clang

Does that mean that *any* one of the three can start at any time but
only one can run at a time? So, for example, clang-x86 could run three
times before lldb had the change to trigger? Or would that balance the
executions?

My idea is to have two builds at the same time using half of the
resources (I want low latency, not high bandwidth), so I would:

create_slave("linaro-a15-01", properties={'jobs': 2}, max_builds=2),

Which would allow for two concurrent builds, hopefully the current A15
check and self-hosting bots.

My big question is: would this allow two concurrent "check" builds to
run and no "self-hosting", or would that never/rarely happen?

cheers,
--renato