[LLVMdev] Usability of phabricator review threads for non-phab-users

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Sat Jul 5 19:42:10 PDT 2014

Chandler Carruth wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Nick Lewycky <nicholas at mxc.ca
> <mailto:nicholas at mxc.ca>> wrote:
>
>     I don't like the lack attached patch files on the mailing list to do
>     a normal review.
>

> Wait what? The emails I get from phab *have* an attached patch file.
> That was a hard requirement when we first set up Phabricator.

Aaron nailed it. The initial emails come with attached patches. The
problem is when people comment with the changes they made to the code,
but there's no updated patch attached to that email. Aaron found
examples so I'll defer to those. I can also keep an eye out for the next
time it happens if you want.

Nick