[LLVMdev] A question about everyone's favorite constructs: NSW and NUW

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Jan 21 09:53:43 PST 2014

I've not yet looked at the code, but just to give you somewhat raw numbers:

Across all of our benchmarks there was overall change outside of the noise.
There is one benchmark that may have been improved, but I'm not 100%
certain it'll be reproducible as opposed to a fluke run.

While this isn't fantastic news, on the flip side, nothing regressed, so
that's a really good sign. Also, no size regressions to speak of (0.02%?
yea, no one will care).

>From a performance stance I think this patch looks fine if you guys are
seeing significant improvements.