[LLVMdev] Build-bot host compiler upgrades and C++11!

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Jan 7 02:17:58 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 AM, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>wrote:

> I'd only ask that you 1) either by default it doesn't error on unknown
> compiler and or 2) there's an override to prevent the "check" from
> happening at all (or not causing cmake to fail)

Sorry my wording wasn't sufficiently clear, both of these were always
planned for exactly the reason you list.

> ---------
> This will allow compilers which are compatible, but not in the specific
> list above to keep working without issues.
>
> I don't know how easy it would be to test for it, but you may also want to
> create a documented policy on minimum libc++ and libstdc++ versions which
> are supported. Since clang 3.1 may be on a system which has some
> older/newer version and that could impact the c++11 support as well.

Yea, documenting the support for libc++ on Linux may be tough, but it
should be easy to cover the rest: libstdc++ should have the same version
requirements as GCC, and libc++ on OS X with any sufficiently new version
of clang should be good. Still important to document.