[LLVMdev] MCStreamer.cpp:93 Assertion Failure during link

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 13:21:38 PST 2014

Hi Linhai,

> Any hints about how to fix this problem?

Looks very much like a bug in LLVM, but you're probably not going to
get much interest in tracking down a 3.3 bug any more: we branched 3.4
a month or so back and I'm slightly surprised it hasn't already been
released. There are motions towards supporting older release branches
in LLVM, but they're still very early and most developers concentrate
on trunk.

If you can reproduce it in 3.4 (or, even better, trunk), I think it
would be very useful if you could attach the intermediate files. I'm
unfortunately not an expert on the LTO framework, but it looks like
you're already passing "-also-emit-llvm", which should produce just
the .bc file we need to track down what's happening without faffing
around with mysql ourselves.

Cheers.

Tim.