[LLVMdev] X86WrapperRIP in non-small code model

Keno Fischer kfischer at college.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 7 22:49:13 PST 2014

Currently it appears X86WrapperRIP is only implemented in the small code
model, which causes code to fail to select in other code models. My
particular use case is MCJIT, where the default code model is large
(the X86WrapperRIP comes from a TLS variable reference). What would be the
best way to implement this? I'd be happy to take a crack at it myself, but
I really don't know my way around the backend code, so I'd need some
guidance (e.g. how I insert the necessary movabs instructions).

Thanks,
Keno