[LLVMdev] Question about bug #18622#

Mathias Bauer mathias_bauer at gmx.net
Tue Feb 4 09:27:35 PST 2014

Hi Renato,

Am 04.02.14 17:49, schrieb Renato Golin:
> On 4 February 2014 15:40, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer at gmx.net
> <mailto:mathias_bauer at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     clang 3.3 didn't have that problem, but I also need the exception
>     handling for ARM that is only available in recent builds, as I learned.
>

> Hi Mathias,
>
> I'm guessing you're on ARM-Linux...
>
> Support for EHABI is in trunk since 3.3 came out, but only recently it's
> been stable enough to be turned on by default (we did find a few bugs,
> but we're working on them). However, you can still use exceptions on 3.3
> and 3.4 by using the -arm-enable-ehabi and -arm-enable-ehabi-directives
> flags to LLVM. If you're calling directly from Clang, use -mllvm before
> each one of them.
>
> It might work, it might not, I can't guarantee anything, but you can
> always give it a try.

Thanks for the hint. We tried -arm-enable-ehabi on 3.4, but it was
ignored. Now I know that this was because we did not use -mllvm.

OTOH 3.4 is not usable on arm Linux with Objective-C anyway, so we will
try 3.3 with -arm-enable-ehabi and cross fingers.

Nevertheless I really would like to use the newer clang builds, because
of the increased stability wrt. exceptions that you mentioned.

So in case there is anything I can do as a support for getting the bug
fixed, please let me know. In case that helps: this would include a
donation or a bug fix bounty.

Best regards,
Mathias