[LLVMdev] Question about bug #18622#

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Feb 4 08:49:09 PST 2014

On 4 February 2014 15:40, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer at gmx.net> wrote:

> clang 3.3 didn't have that problem, but I also need the exception handling
> for ARM that is only available in recent builds, as I learned.

Hi Mathias,

I'm guessing you're on ARM-Linux...

Support for EHABI is in trunk since 3.3 came out, but only recently it's
been stable enough to be turned on by default (we did find a few bugs, but
we're working on them). However, you can still use exceptions on 3.3 and
3.4 by using the -arm-enable-ehabi and -arm-enable-ehabi-directives flags
to LLVM. If you're calling directly from Clang, use -mllvm before each one
of them.

It might work, it might not, I can't guarantee anything, but you can always
give it a try.

cheers,
--renato