[LLVMdev] dmb ishld in AArch64

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:59:32 PST 2014

On 9 December 2014 at 13:53, Chengyu Song <csong84 at gatech.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure, I was never able to compile the whole kernel with -O0, too many errors. Plus, the problem seems to be within machine code generation. I tried opt -O1 and -O2, the generated .ll file does not diff much for the target function (insert_leaf_info).

I'm not seeing anything resembling the code you originally posted by
compiling this (either before or after opt -On). I think it's probably
best if we try with preprocessed source.

What you need to do is run the clang compile command (the optimised
one that fails), but add the "-save-temps" option. It should produce a
"fib_trie.i" file in the directory you're running from. Could you
upload that and the exact command line you're using?

Also, I should have asked earlier, but what version of LLVM are you
using? The bug may already have been fixed on trunk.

Cheers.

Tim.