[LLVMdev] FAQ update and Question on minimum build

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Tue Dec 2 16:39:54 PST 2014

This doesn't really answer your question, but have you considered doing a cross
build from a faster machine with more memory?

Cheers,

Jon

On 12/2/14 5:31 PM, Kevin Angus wrote:
> Sorry to trouble you, great software, I have it on Ubuntu 14.10, Windows 10
> and now I was trying ARM:
>
> I have been trying to build a working Cland+LLVM for 4 days now, ARM Radxa
> Rock Pro Quad 1.6Ghz 2GB memory
>
> I'm building on an SD card, I tried 4GB and died(space thing), 8GB and
> died(again with the space thing) so I read everything I could find on
> building only a minimum testing build and I came up with:
>

> apt-get install subversion
>
> svn co  <http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk>
> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
>
> cd llvm/tools
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang
>
> #### IS extra and compiler-rt  NEEDED?
>
> cd ../..
>
> cd llvm/tools/clang/tools
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/clang-tools-extra/trunk extra
No, you don't need this in order to build "just clang+llvm"... it really is "extra".

> cd llvm/projects
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk compiler-rt
You probably *do* want this, unless you plan on using the system-provided libgcc
instead.