[LLVMdev] FAQ update and Question on minimum build

Kevin Angus kangus at jaga.us
Tue Dec 2 16:31:15 PST 2014

Sorry to trouble you, great software, I have it on Ubuntu 14.10, Windows 10
and now I was trying ARM:

I have been trying to build a working Cland+LLVM for 4 days now, ARM Radxa
Rock Pro Quad 1.6Ghz 2GB memory

I'm building on an SD card, I tried 4GB and died(space thing), 8GB and
died(again with the space thing) so I read everything I could find on
building only a minimum testing build and I came up with:

apt-get install subversion

svn co  <http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk>
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm

cd llvm/tools

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang

#### IS extra and compiler-rt  NEEDED?

cd ../..

cd llvm/tools/clang/tools

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/clang-tools-extra/trunk extra

cd ../../../..

cd llvm/projects

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk compiler-rt

cd ../..

mkdir build

cd build

export LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="ARM"

export LLVM_BUILD_TOOLS==OFF

export LLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF

export LLVM_BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF

export LLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF

export LLVM_BUILD_TESTS=OFF

export LLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF

I force it to build only for ARM, No test, No Examples  and I ended up with

In /build

Clang=9MB (Crashed building Clang)

lib=1.7GB

Bin=2.5GB

Main /llvm=531MB

In the directory where all LLVM lives including.subversion = 6.6GB

I only have 7.4GB total before the OS and Applications

So I died with the space issue, again.

So could someone please direct me to "How to Build CLANG with just LLVM" and
add those instructions to FAQ?

Thanks

I'm going to reformat the SD card and only SV LLVM, CLANG, rm the projects
folder to see what happens, day 5