[LLVMdev] [Zorg] Reorganisation, documentation and other issues

Dan Albert danalbert at google.com
Mon Aug 11 09:53:49 PDT 2014

> My experience after maintaining the buildbot stuff for a long time was
> that I wasn't particularly happy with buildbot itself and how it all played
> out. If I had to do it over again, I would probably move more in the
> direction of having the CI system run build scripts that are checked in to
> the individual project repositories. If people needed to reproduce a CI
> build, the recommended advice would then be to run those scripts directly,
> and those scripts could be written in languages people are comfortable
> with, not the complicated buildbot
> scripting-by-instantating-factory-steps-setup. This seems to be the
> direction Duncan went with the Dragonegg scripts.

There's no reason we couldn't test the water with some other CI setup while
also keeping buildbot up and running until we find something that we like
better. We'd want to avoid a situation where we end up with *two* CI setups
permanently (especially two we don't like), but as long as we keep buildbot
as the primary until we find something better that shouldn't be an issue.