[LLVMdev] LLVM as a shared library

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:19:40 PDT 2014

> Why do you assume that providing a stable C++ interface to a C++ codebase is more effort than providing a stable C interface to a C++ codebase?

I personally find that the richer the language the harder it is to
remember in all the ways you can break something. But that is really
just a personal opinion or even deficiency. The point is that I am one
of the developers writing LLVM and I wouldn't want to put the effort
into developing and maintaining a stable C++ interface.

This is an open source project, so if you want a stable C++ interface
you will have to find enough developers with a good track record of
contributions to LLVM that think it worth it do develop and maintain
such interface.

Cheers,
Rafael