[LLVMdev] LLVM as a shared library

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Aug 5 13:27:18 PDT 2014

On 5 August 2014 20:38, Chris Bieneman <beanz at apple.com> wrote:
> (1) Reduce or eliminate static initializers, global constructors, and global destructors
> (2) Clean up cross compiling in the CMake build system
> (3) Update LLVM debugging mechanisms for being part of a dynamic library
> (4) Move overridden sys calls (like abort) into the tools, rather than the libraries
> (5) Update TableGen to support stripping unused content (i.e. Intrinsics for backends you’re not building)

One other thing that I'd like to see is a common framework for
defining, describing and inferring architectural support.

Tools use a lot of string parsing and, as Filip said, command line
options don't normally mean the exact same thing across tools.

So that the same arch/cpu/fpu/abi/target options will be parsed
identically across all tools (and external users) and mean exactly the
same thing to the back-end, when building a new sub-target, it should
only accept a TargetDescription object or whatever holds all the
options.

cheers,
--renato