[LLVMdev] 3.4.1 Regression caused by merging r198940

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Mon Apr 21 13:44:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 09:57:32AM -0400, Tom Stellard wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 03:02:21PM -0700, Tom Stellard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just tagged the first release candidate for the
> > 3.4.1 release, so testers may begin testing.  Please refer to
> > http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html for information on how to
> > validate a release.  If you have any questions or need
> > something clarified, just email the list.
> >
> > For the 3.4.1 release we want to compare test results against 3.4-final.
> >
> > I have added support to the test-release.sh script for dot releases and
> > have done basic testing.  However, if you run into issues please send
> > an email to the list and we can try to get it worked out.
> >
> > When you report your test results to me please remind me of what platform
> > you are testing on.
> >
> > Thanks again to all the testers for your help.
> >

> Test results are starting to come in, it looks like we have a few
> regressions:
>
> x86_64:
> MultiSource/Applications/sgefa
>
> ARMV7:
> - new failure: ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/remote/simpletest-remote.ll
> - new unexpected pass:
>   ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/remote/cross-module-sm-pic-a.ll
>

> Has anyone attempted to bisect to figure out which commit broke these
> tests?

Hi Jiangning,

This commit that you requested be merged into the 3.4 branch has caused a regression in
the MultiSource/Applications/sgefa test:

 Merging r198940:

    r198940 | kristof.beyls | 2014-01-10 08:44:34 -0500 (Fri, 10 Jan 2014) | 2 lines

    Enable -fuse-init-array for all AArch64 ELF targets by default, not just linux.

I have reverted this in the 3.4 branch, I'm guessing I merged this wrong. Here was
my original attempt: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/commit/dce55aa1d529e1a07f41241c6a54b9570e0cec64
Can you merge  r198940 into 3.4 and send me the correct patch.

Thanks,
Tom