[LLVMdev] Building sanitizers for Android

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Fri Apr 18 17:42:21 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Does %run support ssh-based testing?
>
> Yes, %run is configured by the user.  I configure it to call a shell
> script that calls qemu-arm.  It could just as easily ssh or "adb push
> && adb shell".

Please discuss this with Evgeniy. We considered adding "%run" to all binary
invocations,
but dropped this idea. I don't remember the details, but IIRC %run is just
not general enough.
Some tests are not hermetic enough - for example, suppose that the test
dlopen()'s a shared object - how
would you copy this file to the device/emulator? Same holds for arguments
of -fsanitize-blacklist=.

--
Alexey Samsonov, Mountain View, CA