[LLVMdev] Asking about how to debug Clang and LLVM?

蜡笔小新 841224078 at qq.com
Mon Apr 14 04:53:12 PDT 2014

Hi, everyone.

I scanned the documents listed in the website of LLVM, however, I can't find information about how to debug the LLVM and Clang. As is known to all, the "-g" option of GCC can help us to debug a program step by step. In the configure file of LLVM, I can see the "-g -O2" option, but I have no idea about what should I do to set up the debug mode. So I changed all the options to "-g -O2" in order to trace the LLVM step by step. However, my effort didn't work.

I suppose that the easiest way for us to understand a tool is to debug a program step by step so that we can see how it works. Can anyone give some help on this?