[LLVMdev] [lld] adding demangler for symbol resolution

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Fri Apr 4 08:05:51 PDT 2014

On 4/4/2014 3:46 AM, David Chisnall wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2014, at 20:49, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> wrote:
>
>> b) I am not planning to write a demangler. I was planning on using abi::__cxx_demangle if there was one available and the first character in the symbol was a _.
>>     If MSVC was defined, we would use the Undecorate API.
> The demangler that Howard wrote for libc++abi was intended to be general and reusable.  It was rewritten eventually because it wasn't a good fit for the C++ runtime library, but it would make sense to import it into one of the LLVM libraries, as a good, general demangler is something that a lot of things (including lldb) would benefit from.
+ Chandler/Rafael

I agree with this. I will try to move out the function from libc++ abi
to lib/Support and see if what the reviewers would say.

Makes it much easier to call the functionality instead of each
tool/component having a separate implementation.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation