[LLVMdev] [lld] adding demangler for symbol resolution

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 01:46:08 PDT 2014

On 3 Apr 2014, at 20:49, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> wrote:

> b) I am not planning to write a demangler. I was planning on using abi::__cxx_demangle if there was one available and the first character in the symbol was a _.
>    If MSVC was defined, we would use the Undecorate API.

The demangler that Howard wrote for libc++abi was intended to be general and reusable.  It was rewritten eventually because it wasn't a good fit for the C++ runtime library, but it would make sense to import it into one of the LLVM libraries, as a good, general demangler is something that a lot of things (including lldb) would benefit from.

David