[LLVMdev] StackColoring remaps debug info from unrelated functions

Stefan Hepp stefan at stefant.org
Mon Sep 30 02:15:54 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-30 05:42, Nadav Rotem wrote:
> This looks like a bug. Thanks for catching this and writing the
> mailing list.  Do you think you could submit a patch to fix the
> problem ?

Not sure .. I tried to add the following line to the loop:

     if (Var->getFunction() != MF->getFunction()) continue;

.. but it does not seem to work. In my test case no debug variables are
remapped anymore, so MDNode::getFunction() does not seem to do what I
need.. need to check. It is probably necessary to get the lexical scope
from the DebugLoc of the variable and compare this to the function, but
I don't understand the scopes in LLVM sufficently (yet) to do this. So
any help/info on this is greatly appreciated..

> I understand that you can’t release your source code, but there is an
> easy way to generate test-cases from confidential code.  If you can
> write a “verifier" that makes the compiler crash on an assertion then
> you can use bug point to reduce your test case. You don’t need to
> actually commit the verifier, just the reduced test case.

Thanks, I will give it a try.. I might also be able to create a test
case based on the StackColoring tests in the X86 CodeGen test folder.

Kind regards,
  Stefan