[LLVMdev] regression bisecting

David Tweed david.tweed at arm.com
Fri Sep 13 00:54:56 PDT 2013

|On 13 September 2013 00:35, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
|> What are most people using to bisect svn or git in order to find llvm
|> regressions?
|
|Do you mean some script to use with "git bisect run"? I've not seen
|one; I suspect the simple cases are too easy to spot and the hard ones
|too diverse to be worth it

The other thing is that bisect arose (in the context of VCS) in the git
world, where I gather part of what makes it effective is that development
happens in terms of merging branches, so there's less "cross contamination"
between different streams of changes. I'm not sure how useful automated
bisection would be with a "everything goes on to ToT" world of LLVM's SVN.

Cheers,
Dave