[LLVMdev] regression bisecting

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 23:40:45 PDT 2013

Hi Reed,

On 13 September 2013 00:35, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
> What are most people using to bisect svn or git in order to find llvm
> regressions?

Do you mean some script to use with "git bisect run"? I've not seen
one; I suspect the simple cases are too easy to spot and the hard ones
too diverse to be worth it

> For example, something on Sunday made one test for mips16 fail

For a failing test you probably just need to put "make llc &&
bin/llvm-lit /path/to/test" into a file and use that wouldn't you
(assuming an llc failure)? It's completely untested, I've never quite
had the courage to trust automated bisection and verify mine by hand.

Cheers.

Tim.