[LLVMdev] Question on License/GitHub

Vechev Martin martin.vechev at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 11 02:06:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We have downloaded and made modification to LLVM version 2.7 -- we added new files and modified some existing files.

We would like to upload the entire source to GitHub (both our new/modified files as well as the rest of the LLVM files).

What would be the best way (legal w.r.t to LLVM license, which is NCSA) to publish the entire source ? Can we simply distribute the entire source under Apache ?

thanks a lot,
Martin

----
Martin Vechev
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich
Head, Software Reliability Lab: http://www.srl.inf.ethz.ch/
----