[LLVMdev] The system library is gone for a long time.

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Mon May 27 17:27:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <
rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> > AFAIK, libSupport does more than what this document describes (for
> example,
> > it contains ADT, which are portable and not system-specific, contrary to
> the
> > second paragraph of the document). Does it make sense to just globally
> > replace "Support" for "System"? I wasn't around when the transition was
> > made, so I don't know. Please get a confirmation from someone who can
> speak
> > authoritatively about the transition from libSystem to libSupport. Other
> > than that, LGTM.
>
> System got merged into Support a long time ago. We could improve the
> documentation of what lib/Support is, but this is a good start IMHO.

Ah, ok. In that case, I think that it would be best to make a new page for
libSupport, and have it defer to SystemLibrary.rst for discussion of the
"libSystem" parts of libSupport. The major necessary changes for
SystemLibrary.rst would then be to mention its inclusion in libSupport
(important) and fix file paths (mechanical, less important).

-- Sean Silva