[LLVMdev] Question about DSA analysis

Gabriel Southern gsouther at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed May 22 10:15:35 PDT 2013

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.  The project that Jing is working on is for a class
that I'm TAing for and it involves evaluating the effectiveness of the
alias analysis support in LLVM.  We've modified the project so that it
doesn't require looking at -ds-aa or -steens-aa since it sounds like those
aren't available anymore (originally we had included that as a requirement
because of what's in the documentation).

Do you think those passes might be added back in the future?  If not would
it make sense to remove them from the documentation (we saw them listed in
the current documentation so that is why we thought they should work).

Also I'm working on another project with someone that is using DSA.  I had
a couple of questions about DSA based on your response.

1) What happens if we specify running multiple DSA passes, such as: -dsa-td
-dsa-local

2) If we are interested in both intra- and inter-procedural alias analysis
would switching from -dsa-td to -dsa-eq get that for us.

Thanks for your help.

-Gabriel