[LLVMdev] Attributes & CloneFunctionInto

Ralf Karrenberg Chareos at gmx.de
Wed May 15 08:27:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am again struggling to find my way around the Attribute classes.
What I want to do is clone a function into a declaration where some
parameters may have a different alignment.
CloneFunctionInto in debug mode hits an assertion which is marked with a
FIXME (Attributes.cpp:673).
I would be totally fine with any kind of workaround, e.g. removing all
attributes from the target declaration, then cloning, and then setting
the correct attributes.
However, I can't find a way to modify an existing alignment *in any way*
without hitting an assertion (the other one being line 727 for
removeAttributes). I've also tried using addAttributes() and
setAttributes() to set the alignment to 0, but this seems to be ignored...

Any help on this? :)

Thanks,
Ralf