[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.2 compilation with RTTI enabled

Pablo Barrio pbarrio at die.upm.es
Sat Mar 23 07:51:27 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm having problems compiling LLVM 3.2 with RTTI enabled. Since my code makes heavy use of the Boost libraries, RTTI is a must. This is the script I use to compile (as root):

SRC_ROOT=$PWD
OBJ_ROOT=/export/apps/llvm
INSTALL_ROOT=/usr/local

mkdir -p $OBJ_ROOT

cd $OBJ_ROOT
$SRC_ROOT/configure --prefix=$INSTALL_ROOT \
      --enable-ltdl-install \
      --enable-jit \
      --enable-assertions \
      --enable-optimized \
      --enable-targets=x86,x86_64
      --enable-profiling \

make REQUIRES_RTTI=1
sudo make install

According to previous posts to the list, REQUIRE_RTTI=1 should do, but I still get a lot of RTTI-related errors like this while linking "opt":

(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4llvm10X86JITInfoE[typeinfo for llvm::X86JITInfo]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for llvm::TargetJITInfo'

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead,
Pablo