[LLVMdev] [vmkit] Errors compiling vmkt

Harris BAKIRAS h.bakiras at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 07:22:39 PDT 2013

On 03/08/2013 05:49 AM, Jiong Wang wrote:
> on 2013/3/1 6:11, Gaël Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Fundamentally, I think that for the VMKit project, it's important to
>> be hosted as a subproject of llvm because VMKit heavily relies on llvm
>> (and because llvm is maybe a little bit more attractive than inria:)).
>> So, we will quickly re-merge the two projects and continuously
>> integrates the stable (and interesting) contributions of the inria
>> research project inside the llvm repository. We will also merge the
>> web pages and forget this stupid idea of VMKit2 (I will still keep a
>> separated repository hosted by inria for unstable or too specific
>> developments).
>>
>> To conclude, we were a little bit overloaded these last weeks and we
>> have delayed the merge, but we will work on this soon (probably before
>> the end of march). For the moment, you should use the VMKit2
>> repository as it's probably the most advanced one.
>
> Hi Gael,
>
>   does it mean vmkit will based on the latest llvm after the merge
> finished?
>
>   I run into the same issue Chris meet when trying to verify tilegx
> backend by compiling vmkit.
>
>  JavaJIT.cpp:1262:23: error: no member named 'removeFnAttr' in
>  'llvm::Function'
>         llvmFunction->removeFnAttr(
>

>   then I change to vmkit2, but found it's based on 3.2 only, failed
> compile with latest llvm

Hi Jiong,

on VMKit2 repository, there is a branch named llvm_svn which is the
closest branch to LLVM's trunk.
You will need to apply the following patch to LLVM or disable assertions
to compile VMKit with lastest version of LLVM.
I am actually working on fixing the problem.

In a short time, VMKit repository (LLVM host) will be also synchronized.

Harris Bakiras