[LLVMdev] [vmkit] Errors compiling vmkt

Jiong Wang jiwang at tilera.com
Thu Mar 7 20:49:19 PST 2013

on 2013/3/1 6:11, Gaël Thomas wrote:

> Fundamentally, I think that for the VMKit project, it's important to
> be hosted as a subproject of llvm because VMKit heavily relies on llvm
> (and because llvm is maybe a little bit more attractive than inria:)).
> So, we will quickly re-merge the two projects and continuously
> integrates the stable (and interesting) contributions of the inria
> research project inside the llvm repository. We will also merge the
> web pages and forget this stupid idea of VMKit2 (I will still keep a
> separated repository hosted by inria for unstable or too specific
> developments).
>
> To conclude, we were a little bit overloaded these last weeks and we
> have delayed the merge, but we will work on this soon (probably before
> the end of march). For the moment, you should use the VMKit2
> repository as it's probably the most advanced one.

Hi Gael,

   does it mean vmkit will based on the latest llvm after the merge
finished?

   I run into the same issue Chris meet when trying to verify tilegx
backend by compiling vmkit.

  JavaJIT.cpp:1262:23: error: no member named 'removeFnAttr' in
  'llvm::Function'
         llvmFunction->removeFnAttr(

   then I change to vmkit2, but found it's based on 3.2 only, failed
compile with latest llvm