[LLVMdev] LLVM+Clang 3.3: clang: for the -vectorize-loops option: may only occur zero or one times!

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Fri Jun 21 09:40:03 PDT 2013

Thanks Mario, it's good (so to speak!) to know that I am not the only one
experiencing this problem!

I have had another look at the LLVM code and, as far as I can tell, it would
seem that it's related to llvm::cl:: RegisteredOptionList not being properly
reset or something. Anyway, I want to be able to take advantage of the loop
vectorizer, so I have decided to comment out the test for the number of
option occurrences in the Option::addOccurrence() method
(http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/Support/CommandLine.cpp?
view=co). Not nice, but it seems to be doing the job for me and, unless I am
told/shown otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any other solution, so...

Alan

whenever