[LLVMdev] Enabling the vectorizer for -Os -- ping

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Sat Jun 15 22:14:38 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> The performance numbers are also pretty good. There are a couple of minor
> regressions, only one significant one.

Sorry, my email wasn't as clear as I intended.

I meant this sentence to indicate that I saw only one significant
regression (the snappy one I discussed). Everything else was in the noise
or got faster.

I did see some code known to vectorize well that sped up significantly, and
some server code that slowed down by a small amount, but on average it was
a wash. When snappy and some other things are fixed, it'll probably end up
being a small performance win on average, and significant in those
applications with hot vectorizable loops.