[LLVMdev] RFC - Profile Guided Optimization in LLVM

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Sat Jun 15 11:18:15 PDT 2013

Apple folks are also gearing up to push on the PGO front. We are primarily interested in using instrumentation, rather than sampling, to collect profile info. However, I suspect the way profile ended up being used in the various optimization and codegen passes would be largely similar.

There is also some interests in pursuing profile directed specialization. But that can wait. I think it makes sense for us to get together and discuss our plans to make sure there won't be duplication of efforts.

Evan

Sent from my iPad