[LLVMdev] Passing String to an external function in llvm

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:05:47 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Abhinash Jain <omnia at mailinator.com> wrote:
> I have one file named hashtable.cpp whose link is
> "http://pastebin.com/Cq2Qy50C"
>
> and one llvm pass named testing.cpp whose link is
> "http://pastebin.com/E3RemxLF"
>
> Now on this testing.cpp pass I have computed the string named "expr" which I
> want to pass to the function named hashtable(string) in hashtable.cpp   (on
> line 106 of testing.cpp)
>

>> looking at simple examples of code compiled by Clang should give you an
>> idea of what instructions you need to emit.
>
> I did try but not able to pass the string.
>
> If you could go through my code it will be of great help. Thanx

OK - seems you might want to take a few steps back & understand how
C++ code is written/structured generally (and/or take a look at other
parts of the compiler). You'll need a header file with the declaration
of your function & you can include that header file in the
hashtable.cpp and testing.cpp - if that sentence doesn't make sense to
you yet, please find some general C++ programming resources to provide
further detail as such a discussion isn't really on-topic here.

- David