[LLVMdev] SVN GIT version corresponding to release

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:15:39 PST 2013

I always though the /tags/RELEASE_xx/final branch would hold the final,
released tarball contents, but this does not appear to be the case, at
least not for 3.1.  I can confirm that diffing /tags/RELEASE_31/final and
the 3.1 tarball shows some non-trivial changes.

The 3.2 release seems to be okay though; the diff only shows changes in the
last-modified timestamps in the HTML docs.  Though I just noticed that the
source release has llvmbuild .pyc files.  Won't including those cause
issues?

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Devchandra L Meetei <dlmeetei at gmail.com>wrote:

> Won't it be
> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/tags/RELEASE_31/final/
>

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Pankaj Gode <godepankaj at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi All,
>>
>> I was checking for GIT or SVN versions corresponding to llvm3.1 release
>> by checking svn and git logs, but failed to find the exact match.
>>
>> I checked with r156747, which is the last version it shows in
>> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/tags/RELEASE_31/
>> but when I 'diff' this with the 'downloaded llvm3.1 release'(
>> http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.1), then I get a lot of
>> differences.
>>  (i have excluded .svn directory, .git and some other files during diff)
>>
>> Version 'r155051' logs about creating new directory for 'release_31'. The
>> diff with this version though gives me marginally less differences.
>>
>> Which SVN or GIT version should be considered as equivalent to llvm3.1
>> release ?
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Pankaj

Thanks,