[LLVMdev] arm compiler benchmarks

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Tue Feb 26 14:52:47 PST 2013

Cortex-M0 is a Thumb1 only device. There hasn't been any concerted effort to tune LLVM's Thumb1 output in quite a long time. Even back then (2008 or so), the effort was mainly to get it to work acceptably, with the real performance tuning work being done for Thumb2. I'm not surprised that an embedded market focussed compiler like IAR is better tuned for a chip like that.

-Jim