[LLVMdev] arm compiler benchmarks

matic at nimp.co.uk matic at nimp.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 14:11:47 PST 2013

Hi,

I didn't do any serious benchmarking but so far I never found
a case where LLVM does better than IAR on CortexM0, but I saw a lot of
cases where IAR output is better than LLVM...

That said I did not use
-Os or -Oz, I just used -O3.

A recurrent situation is that LLVM
push/pop one or two extra registers compared to IAR, I guess it does so
in order to comply with a standard ABI or something but in the world of
deeply embedded system, we don't care of such things 99.99% of the
time...

If you want to see some good code output, take a look at IAR,
there is a free version limited in code size online.

Cheers,

Sebastien