[LLVMdev] Parallel Loop Metadata

Redmond, Paul paul.redmond at intel.com
Fri Feb 15 08:37:52 PST 2013

Hi,

Is it fair to say that we require loops to be in canonical form with a single backedge to which we attach llvm.loop.parallel? Or is it the frontend's responsibility to attach the metadata to each backedge?

Looking at the patch there is an assumption that there is a single loop latch. Clang, for example, generates loops with multiple backedges (e.g, while with continue.)

How does pocl deal with this?

paul