[LLVMdev] Is there a way to verify that debug info metadata are correct ?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:29:25 PST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013 9:47 AM, "Eli Bendersky" <eliben at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Sebastien DELDON-GNB
> > <sebastien.deldon at st.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm using my own front-end that generates LLVM debug info metadata. I
was using LLVM 2.9 debug version and I'm moving to LLVM 3.2 debug version
of metadata.

> > If at all possible please migrate to using the DIBuilder interface.
> > I'm trying to port DragonEgg over to DIBuilder at the moment with the
> > intent that once that happens I'll be able to freely modify the debug
> > info metadata schema by modifying DIBuilder without concern for other
> > clients creating debug info metadata separately.
> >

> It would be great if you could document that "schema" while you're at it.

Is there some documentation you'd like other than
http://llvm.org/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html
?

I agree an entity relationship diagram might be nice too get a high level
idea of the schema. Though honestly if we migrate everything to DIBuilder
there seems less need to document the schema - it would be defined as
'whatever DIBuilder emits'. But I like the idea of having some nice
documentation, certainly.