[LLVMdev] Integrated ARM assembler

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:52:58 PST 2013

Hi Renato,

> is there anything holding the integrated assembler back from being on by
default?

For ARM-ELF, a couple missing pieces I see:

1) The assembly parser does not parse the ARM-ELF directives.

2) The Exception Handling ABI does not appear to be supported.  Try this:

$ echo "void a(){}" | clang -target arm-none-linux-gnueabi -mllvm
-arm-enable-ehabi -integrated-as -c -xc -
Not implemented yet
<stack dump>

3) There are -Wa options that the integrated assembler does not recognize.

To reproduce these issues, try building chromium targeting Android with
"clang=1" after adding '-integrated-as' to cflags in "build/common.gypi".

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/Clang

-Greg